August 26, 2008

Livi's Gonna Be A Big Sister!

Soooooooo, August 18th will always be a day we'll remember in the Warren house! I just had a feeling...and I was right! After jumping around the kitchen (and waking up Livi in the process) we went to the library. Livi found a special book she would use to tell her daddy that there was going to be another baby in the house!
When Matt got home from work, I asked him to read Livi her new book while cooked supper. He got about 2 pages in before he realized what he was reading...it was all about being a big sister! He was so excited!
Next we told Pop and Grandma, Matt's parents. We took the book to their house and when Matt started reading it to Livi, it didn't take but a second for them to figure it out :)
Then we told Gramps and Grammy, my parents. They came all the way to Columbia for the weekend, thinking they were just visiting Livi. Once they got here, we ate lunch, got Grammy's hair cut, and had some time to sit around catching up. I went to get Livi up from her nap, pinned a cute little pin that said "I'm a Big Sister" on her and walked her out. Grammy about fell on the floor. She thought it was a joke! Gramps said he had a feeling ;)
Then we were able to call our other family and friends. It's always fun sharing news, especially when no one was expecting it!
Livi with her "Big Sis" pin

Close-up of the pin...thanks Laura, for letting me borrow it!
Livi enjoyed reading the synopsis on the back of the "Big Sis" book

Just re-reading her favorite parts

See my book?!?!?!?! :)

No comments: